Sunday, August 23, 2015

WINDOWS 10: Trigger warning for Mac users

Have you upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 from Windows 8? I kept getting a popup message on my computer screen, so I decided to take the plunge. I scheduled the upgrade for the end of a workday, saved my work and shut everything down. When I returned to the computer a few hours later, I logged in again and waited for the system to restart and update itself. A message about "this is taking longer than usual" gave me pause, but after a few minutes everything was good to go.
I noticed a few changes -- smaller "tiles," a different "start" screen, a much-improved Gmail screen, and a new "Microsoft Edge" browser if you want it -- but everything seems to work fine and nothing seems to have gotten lost in the upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment