Wednesday, January 25, 2017

CLARENCE: It's all gravy

Having made up his weight deficit and tipping the scales at 12 pounds, Clarence the Rescue Cat has morphed from starving waif to tyrant of my household. Yesterday he woke me at 4:05 a.m. by sitting on my head; he needed to alert me that his food dish was almost empty.
For a while he was content with anything I served him and would gobble it down immediately and gratefully. Now his palate is as sophisticated as that of any foodie, and he rejects the Mixed Seafood Pate that he loved just the other day.
I started keeping two lists on the fridge: Clarence Likes and Clarence Dislikes. Clarence's other minder, far more savvy in the fickle ways of felines, added the words "this week" to each.
One additional cat note: searching for elusive cat toys under and behind furniture gives you a really good reminder of how long it's been since you've done a thorough house cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment