Sunday, January 29, 2017

TRAVEL: I was transported

The other day I received a letter addressed to "Unionville Resident" from the U.S. Department of Transportation. It seems that every five to seven years since 1969 they have been conducting a National Household Travel Survey, and this round I was one of the recipients selected.
The three-page survey asked how often I use various means of transport (walking, car, taxi, bicycle, and public transportation) to get from place to place, and how the cost of gasoline affects my travel decisions. (I was legitimately able to put down "walking" because I sometimes walk to township meetings.)
The form also wanted to know some demographic data. In the second part of the survey, which will be conducted in a few weeks, they will ask me to detail my travel on a single day (odds are good, no matter what day they choose, that it will include the post office and the Y).  
In return for my time, they enclosed two one-dollar bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment