Friday, February 24, 2017

COMMUNICATION: Sorry, wrong number

This morning a perky robo-caller told me she had great news to share: she could reduce my student loan payments! I should immediately "enter 1" to take advantage of this money-saving opportunity.
I hung up. For one thing, I graduated from college 37 years ago. What's more, thanks to my generous parents, I did not have any student loans.
I really should stop answering unknown calls; the numbers of all of my loved ones are programmed into my phone already. But here's the thing: certain friends and family members of mine pursue potentially dangerous hobbies (involving speed or height; usually both), and I have this nagging fear that the call might be from a hospital emergency room trying to get hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment