Sunday, December 31, 2017

KENNETT SQUARE: An evening with friends

We spent Saturday evening with two dear Unionville friends, enjoying dinner at Giordano's and just catching up with each other. There was a lot of laughter, bad jokes and quotations from "The Simpsons," as well as more serious conversation.
At one point we were discussing the new tax code: the husband of this couple is a professional money guy and needs to keep up with such matters. I expressed my fervent hope that health insurance premiums would still be deductible, as my monthly premium is now upwards of $800 a month.
"Eight hundred dollars!" exclaimed the wife. "That's more than I spend on horseshoes!"
She and I looked at each other and laughed uproariously, realizing the First World nature of so many of our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment