Friday, January 12, 2018

EAST MARLBOROUGH: Lily goes walkabout

Need a dose of good news? Read on.
The morning of Jan. 3, Lily, an 8-month-old German Shepherd/hound mix puppy, pulled the leash out of her owner Eric Figueroa's hand outside the Willowdale Vet Center and ran off. A frantic search by Eric and his wife Kelly ensued, aided by social media, and the next afternoon Eric found her alive and well. Here is Kelly's account:
"After several hours out searching today, Eric and I assumed that if we could not find her by dark, she would be gone with the dropping temps coming. He asked if we could circle back to the vet one more time before heading home to check in with the vets and SPCA again.
I stayed in the car with the kids and Eric came running back to the car and told me he found her! She was stuck in between a chicken wire fence and a shed in a thick patch of a bamboo. When he handed her out to me, I couldn’t believe that her belly was still warm and she responded to my touch right away. After a quick trip to the vet to have her checked, she had a normal temp and seems scared, but is just fine.
Although this crazy 30-hour ordeal has been exhausting and awful for my family, I cannot imagine or even begin to explain the amount of help, support, prayers and constant check-ins from our family, friends and this FANTASTIC community. I’ve always loved this little place I call home, but today more than ever, I know that I have chosen the most perfect place to live, teach and raise my kids. The number of people who were willing to do anything to help us find Lily is nothing short of amazing.
Thank you so much, from the bottom of our hearts. We are FOREVER grateful for your help, searching, advice, calls, texts and prayers. You have no idea how much it means to us. We love you!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment