Sunday, March 4, 2018

UNIONVILLE: More about "Marnie"

Jessie Cocks of Kennett Square saw my recent item about how Alfred Hitchcock's "Marnie" was filmed here in Unionville and added her own memories. She said some of the movie was shot at Hermitage Farm on Route 926, owned by her parents, Babs and Burley Cocks.
Recalls Jessie:
"It was so fun when they were filming 'Marnie'! My horse was in the fox-hunting scenes but I was not. Dad wouldn’t let me skip school that day, although I 'could' stay home the days he needed help in the barn . . . I did get cool helicopter rides, hanging out of the side door, 'riding' a big camera. I found Susan’s 'Marnie' script in Mom’s attic a couple years ago. I gave it to one of her daughters. The film crew were all awesome!"
(Jessie is referring to her late sister Susan, who acted as the stunt double for the female lead, Tippi Hedren, in the riding scenes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment