Sunday, June 10, 2018

NEWLIN: Dangerous intersection

Apparently some motorists don't realize that Route 842 traffic has the right-of-way at the intersection with Cannery Road and Marlboro Spring Road.
Reader Terry Kinter of Unionville narrowly avoided a crash there at 8:25 a.m. June 8 and asked me to alert readers to the danger
Terry writes: "Traffic on 842 does not have to stop at this intersection. I was traveling on 842 toward Northbrook and the driver coming from Cannery approaching Rt. 842 toward Marlboro Spring was traveling at high speed and seemed to wake up as he was halfway into the intersection. I saw him heading to broadside me, then heard the brakes screeching and narrowly missing me.  Fortunately the car behind me was far enough behind that the errant driver threaded the needle between us."  

No comments:

Post a Comment