Friday, July 27, 2018

INFECTION: It bends again!


Thank you to all the kind readers who wrote to say they hope I'm feeling better (I spent two days in Chester County Hospital getting IV antibiotics for a hand wound that became badly infected).
I'm much better, thanks. My finger bends again, and my hand is back to looking completely normal. Frankly, I felt like something of an imposter in the hospital because I felt fine throughout, but my doctor assures me that it was a really serious situation. Apparently you really do not want to mess around with infections like this because they are so virulent and fast-moving.
After hearing about my experience, friends couldn't wait to share their stories about gruesomely infected insect bites, cat bites and even a belly-button piercing ("It looked like a donut!").

No comments:

Post a Comment