Thursday, October 11, 2018

DENTIST: Take my appointment

A "Unionville in the News" reader who wants to remain anonymous sent me this sweet story about a very nice gesture:
"Today my Dad, who is 99+, and I headed out in the rain to a 9:00 dental appointment. When we checked in, there was no record of Dad having an appointment. We were both a little puzzled, as we do try to keep appointments straight.
"As we were having the receptionist make a new appointment, a woman approached the desk and said Dad could have her 9:00 appointment. The receptionist said that could be done.
What an act of kindness!! I asked her name and she said it was Sue.  A HUGE thank you to Sue for being so kind and thoughtful. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this.
 I did kid her and ask if this is her way of getting out of her appointment, knowing how some folks aren’t too keen on the dentist.  She said no, that she has the time to reschedule. 
. . . Just thought you and your readers would enjoy this wonderful story of just how kind and thoughtful folks are around here."  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment