Friday, October 5, 2018

SUPERMARKET: Shopping around

Last week I wrote about how Giant supermarket has increased from $50 to $75 the amount you have spend to get double the gas points. This past week they tweaked their circular again: you had to spend $95 to get triple the gas points!
I'm a lifelong coupon user and I like to save money as much as anyone, but there's a tipping point here somewhere: I'm not going to put my back out wrestling an extra 35-pound bucket of cat litter into the grocery cart just to get 30 cents off a gallon of gas (not to mention the $40 chiropractic adjustment).
A "Unionville in the News" reader shares her story: "When my husband checked out at Giant yesterday with his $95 coupon and only $92.50 worth of groceries he asked the cashier if could he buy something else. She said, yes, but take it to customer service with your receipt. When he got to customer service with a $3 box of blackberries and his tale of woe, they said the $92.50 was close enough and they would give him the gas credits and he didn’t have to buy the blackberries if he didn’t really want them. That was nice of them, but STILL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment