Thursday, February 7, 2019

WRONG BAG: Absent-minded

I walked into the Jennersville Y locker room the other morning, put my stuff on the bench and let out an involuntary "Oh no!" I had brought my knitting bag instead of my gym bag. 
I started laughing at myself: how ridiculous!
One of the other ladies in the locker room sympathized. She told me she had once stashed her street clothes in a locker before going for a swim, carefully pinning the padlock key to the strap of her swimsuit. When it came time to change back into her clothes, she couldn't find the key. She summoned a maintenance employee, who cut the padlock off with a mighty pair of loppers.
The problem was, those weren't her clothes inside. It wasn't her locker! And just then she found the key stuck inside the lining of her bathing suit.
"So you see, you're not the only one, my dear," she said kindly.
I got through my workout perfectly well. It was a stroke of luck that I was wearing my sneakers instead of my winter boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment