Wednesday, March 4, 2020

UNIONVILLE: A sold-out fashion show

A few weeks ago I mentioned the upcoming runway show that David Ferron, Unionville's own fashion designer, is holding at the Brandywine River Museum on March 28. I told David I'd write a lengthier item closer to the date to get the word out.
No need: It's already sold out!
David told me he was surprised and pleased by the sellout. And only a handful of the guests are friends and family, he said; the rest are clients and their friends.
He said he's thrilled to have his first show at the River Museum, which he has been visiting since he was a boy: "I always thought, if I ever did a runway show, it would be at the River Museum." All three floors will be part of the event. He timed the show to coincide with the sunset over the Brandywine and hopes the event is "leisurely and relaxed."
He'll be showing 15 to 20 looks, from casual to formal, which he hopes capture a "painterly" sense that's in sync with the artwork at the museum.
"This is my opportunity to say something important," he said.
When I visited his showroom in downtown Unionville, David showed me some of the clothes the models will be wearing. He said he stresses "good fit and good details" and does not use standard sizes, instead working with his client's body.
During our time together I got a sense of the amazing amount of work that goes into putting on a runway show. David's doing everything from selecting the models, choosing fabrics and colors, making and fitting the clothes, to supervising his assistant, to the less-than-glamorous work of cleaning cat hair off the showroom chairs with a lint roller.
David left the fashion world of New York City to come back home to Unionville and work for himself, and I'm happy to see him doing so well and enjoying it.
He'll be taking appointments for everyone who wants to see the collection or place an order for late summer/fall 2020 events and weddings. They can email him at dcferron@davidferron.com or call him at (610) 470-1254 to set up an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment