Wednesday, April 1, 2020

ONLINE: We're gonna ZOOM

Where would we be without Zoom?
Yesterday I did my first Zoom workout and it was great fun. (If you can call doing burpees and pushups fun, that is.) Ever since the YMCAs shut down, I've been exercising in the living room by myself using online classes, but having other people to sweat with, even virtually, adds accountability. I liked having the sofa to collapse onto between rounds.
On Sunday morning Kennett Friends Meeting hosted a well-attended Zoom meeting for worship. I enjoyed it very much, and not just because it was fun to see people's homes, pets and kids. Out of the silence several people shared about how despite the activity restrictions, they were feeling actually more connected with their neighbors and the larger community.
If you don't have Zoom, it's easy and free to download. I've learned that it's a good idea to keep your mike muted during a meeting; otherwise there's a lot of distracting background noise.  
And, hey, Boomers: Am I the only one who remembers the theme song from the ZOOM kids' TV show in the 1970s?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7gzHLKT5g4

No comments:

Post a Comment