Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Schedule

I have the good fortune to sit on the board of a foundation that, officially, meets quarterly, allowing board members to tell potential new members with a straight face that "we only meet four times a year!"
I mentioned to a young member of my family that we had had an interesting quarterly meeting on May 6, and I could see the wheels turning in his mind. Sure enough, he was mentally plotting out the correct schedule for quarterly meetings -- the first in January, the second in April -- and yet we had not met until May! How could we have been so lax?
I tried to explain about the difficulty of getting busy people together, the time it takes to get financial reports prepared, how we were only a few weeks off schedule. He wasn't buying it for a minute. I see the makings of a formidable Internal Revenue Service employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment