Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Street fightin' teens

As street fights go, it was pretty tame.
I was walking back to my car on East State Street in Kennett at dusk the other evening and found myself in the middle of a shouting match between two pairs of teenagers: one a boy and girl, the other two boys. They were half-a-block apart and standing there on the sidewalk shrieking at each other. It was impossible to tell what their dispute stemmed from, as the debate had long since degenerated into curses and creative, if unlikely, suggestions for what the other party could do.
Another noncombatant pedestrian and I exchanged glances. "Caught in the crossfire," he muttered to me.
Fortunately both groups seemed to be tiring of the argument and headed home in opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment