Friday, July 29, 2011

August

Unionville usually slows down this time of year, with so many folks heading north to the land of lobster rolls, blueberries and loons, to the races at Saratoga or to remote camps in the Adirondacks (one friend can reach his cabin only by seaplane; another actually looks forward to living without electricity. Shudder!).
So I was mildly surprised to find the parking lot full at Catherine's at lunchtime; I got the last parking spot and my car was almost sticking out into the alley.
Catherine's a really nice spot for a relaxed lunch, and it's always fun to remember what it looked like way back when it was Sestrich's grocery store. My lunch companion and I had terrific chicken-salad sandwiches and iced tea, with peach pie and blackberries and marvelously strong coffee for dessert.
(Curious readers often ask how it is that I am not 200 pounds. Answer: That lunch filled me up for the rest of the day. Also, I exercise a lot, and hard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment