Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Dating Game

The evening of July 18 I got a beyond-excited email from my friend Denise that an old gym friend of ours, Jane, was on television, that very minute!
It seems that Jane's son, Ames Brown, was a contestant on the TV show "The Bachelorette," in which one young woman, Ashley, is courted by a batch of very eligible bachelors. In this episode, Ames, a handsome and athletic 31-year-old portfolio analyst from New York, took Ashley to his family's beautiful Chadds Ford home to meet his relatives.
Jane, wearing a pink sweater and white trousers, was lovely, slim and articulate, as always, and Ames' sister Serena was charming and gracious.
Ames took Ashley on a picnic under a magnolia tree, where they shared a kiss (I had to fast-forward through that, it was just too embarrassing), and then they took a horse-drawn carriage ride along the Brandywine (I couldn't see who the driver was but I'm betting it was one of Frolic Weymouth's carriages).
Unbelievably, Ashley wasn't impressed by all this, and Ames didn't qualify as one of the three finalists for her affections.
But: news flash! His reality TV career is not over: he will be joining the cast of "Bachelor Pad" starting August 8. Although I read the "About the Show" section of the ABC website, I really didn't understand the premise of this program. All I can say is, it doesn't sound terribly wholesome, and somehow I doubt Ames' mom will put in an appearance this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment