Saturday, July 9, 2011

Road news

The speed limit on Schoolhouse Road, 35 mph (25 by Wal-Mart), is clearly posted, but this was obviously of no consequence to the woman in a huge black SUV tailgating me on the afternoon of July 7. She honked at me impatiently and then, at the intersection with Route 1, pulled alongside me in the turn lanes, glared at me, passed me on the right when the light changed, and swerved back in front of me to turn left into the shopping center. Was there some kind of a family emergency? No. She parked and went into Staples!
In other traffic news, I received a useful brochure from State Senator Andy Dinniman (formerly a Chester County commissioner) about progress on the Route 202 reconstruction project up near Malvern. You can follow the day-to-day progress of this roadwork (whoops, sorry, "infrastructure improvement"), including travel advisories, at http://www.us202-300.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, drivers like that tick me off to no end. I seriously consider following them and then leaving a nasty note on their windshield... or a copy of the driver's handbook with certain pages dog-eared.

    ReplyDelete