Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Really cool

I am not much of a gadget person, but  I love my new Weather Channel wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer. It's just amazing. You put the tiny transmitter outside, and the temperatures both inside and outside show up on the little monitor screen -- which you can move from room to room, as long as it's within 260 feet of the transmitter.
I'm looking at it as I type on a Sunday evening: it's 36.1 degrees outside and 62.9 inside. I can see how cold it is outside without even getting out of bed in the morning!
For $16 at Lowe's, it's a steal. It takes two AA batteries for the monitor and two AAA batteries for the transmitter (all of which, to my amazement, I had in my kitchen utility drawer).
It claims to have a range of minus 19.9 degrees up to 140 degrees (outside) and 14.1 degrees to 140 degrees inside. Dollars to doughnuts we're not going to exceed those.
No sooner did I mention this new toy this morning than a friend started raving about her own new favorite gadget: a multipurpose steamer that greets her with fresh hot oatmeal when she comes in from the barn in the morning. No longer does she need to worry about burned porridge or the pot boiling over. It also cooks rice and steams leftovers.

3 comments:

  1. Can you find out the name of the multipurpose steamer? My husband eats oatmeal every morning for breakfast and would probably enjoy this gadget and also my daughter is a rice addict!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB: It's a Cuisinart Rice Steam with Fuzzy Logic.

      Delete
  2. Hi BB, Yes, I'll ask her and get back to you! Thanks for reading!
    TT.

    ReplyDelete