Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oops

(If you're not a Facebook aficionado, this item will mean nothing to you. Yes, that means you, Mum and Dad. Although you really SHOULD like FB, as there are photos of your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren on it!)
There seems to be a recent plague of not only upper respiratory ailments, but also Facebook glitches.
First thing this morning I noticed that a local venue, which normally posts only upbeat items about its performers and special events, had a fairly vehement posting about one of the Republican presidential candidates. I'm thinking it was posted in error because it was taken down within a few minutes.
Over the weekend I posted about my new-found love for Netflix, and a gym friend responded: "Wait til you have kids who wake up at 6:30 in the a.m. You'll need to get out of the house!"
OK, I thought... perhaps a little testy, but sort of on target, I suppose.
She later wrote back, mortified, apologizing and saying she had meant to post that remark on someone else's page.
But the best was a friend who "liked" a post supporting a politician whom she utterly loathes in reality. She claims that what she "liked" was a completely different, even non-political, item, but I had great fun giving her a hard time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment