Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pests

How's the stinkbug situation in your home? It's not bad at all here. I'm getting maybe a half-dozen a day, mostly on walls, windows, pillows, and power cords, and perhaps one will spray me with its foul stench. And on Sunday evening when I went to check my schedule for this coming week, two of them were nestled in my schedule-book. But it's a far cry from last year, when the walls and ceilings were simply covered with the pests and you'd find them inside your shirt sleeves and pant legs. I'll leave it to the entomologists to explain why.

3 comments:

  1. They're definitely not as bad this year, despite the rumors that there would be a large hatching and more stink bugs this year than last. On that note, I was watching tv with my little dog sleeping on my chest when she was suddenly dive-bombed by one of those stinkers, which sent her in to crazy fits of spinning until she finally found it and ate it. I did not escape the stench...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still waaaaaaaay too early for the little fellas! Peak indoor infestations begin closer to the end of March and will last through mid-May. The ones coming out now are responding to convection heating of the walls and attics, but most will remain dormant (overwintering) for at least a few more weeks. Here's hoping for a banner year and LOTS of trap sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Eric ... sort of!

    ReplyDelete