Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Results

Last week I wrote about a rider (and faithful Tilda reader) whose filly took a tumble after being spooked by a speeding vehicle at Route 926 and Lamborntown Road. Our West Marlborough Township police officer, Bob Clarke, promptly headed out there and wrote some speeding tickets.
The response from the rider: "Happy doesn't describe the feeling I had when I saw people riding their brakes past the intersection... I knew he was down the road before I even saw him! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!"
Alas, a prominent local jockey (and very nice guy) reported on his Facebook page over the weekend that he had an unpleasant encounter with a group of bicyclists. 
"While riding today I asked the cyclists to wait till I got in the driveway so the horse didn't kick anyone, but as they couldn't wait I said, guys, I want to get off the road before you pass." The response to his reasonable request was short and unprintable. 
"Worst is, only a month ago my horse spooked at the bikes. I fell off as he tripped himself up spooking and got loose -- and not one person stopped to see if all was ok."
I know that most bicyclists are polite and responsible -- but others are rude, leave litter behind and ride side by side and refuse to pull over. Show some respect!

1 comment:

  1. If they know West Marlborough Township has someone watching, they will slow down!!! Enough said for full time coverage.......

    ReplyDelete