Friday, March 23, 2012

Season in the sun

This spring is just too amazing. It's March, and I just came in from pulling up clumps of chickweed! The spirea is already in bloom, and the forsythia, magnolias and grape hyacinths seem to have popped out overnight.
Last fall you may remember that I bought and -- eventually -- planted a giant-size sack of daffodil bulbs "for naturalizing," and I think every one of them is in bloom right now. Some are classic yellow, some are pale yellow, some are frizzled, some have multiple flowers, some are fragrant. Really a magnificent display. Every vase that I own is full of them.
Another sign of spring: I had my first dish of ice cream at La Michoacana in Kennett (coffee), and I hear there was a line stretching out the door there on Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. We're thinking of moving to Delaware County from Chester Coumnty. I often tease Delaward County people and say that if they have recently moved to Chester Co. they are social climbers-it's a joke folks.

    One of the things that I do like about Delaware County is the availability of good ice cream stores, e.g. Brewsters and Maggie Moos. I stopped at Maggie Moos and had a small vanilla cone ( for about $4.00). It was a far cry from the good old Bryers Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete