Friday, March 16, 2012

Trash talk

Now here is a terrific idea from a Facebook friend and a good citizen of the Earth!
"I live in Pennsbury Township, and enjoy running on Pocopson, Chandler, Brintons Bridge Rds etc., and was disgusted seeing how much trash is littered on the sides of the roads. I pass walkers and runners daily, and was appalled by the lack of proactiveness...beer cans in streams, etc.
On my next walk, I took 2 bags, one for recycleables, and one for trash, and spent 1 hour walking about 2 miles, and picked up trash on one side of Chandler. I had over 40 lbs. of trash.
A challenge to your readers: next time they go for a stroll on our beautiful and pristine views, take 2 bags and pick up trash. They may just find how good they feel, and how little effort it is.
Let’s keep Southern Chester County scenic!"

No comments:

Post a Comment