Thursday, July 5, 2012

Battery

Here's a useful tip for people who have Verizon FIOS Internet service. If your system is like mine, you have a white box somewhere linking you to the connection from the street. My box is in the garage. The other morning it was beeping sporadically, and a red battery warning light was glowing. My Internet connection is a critical part of my life, so I noted the battery details and headed out to Radio Shack to buy a replacement.
They know all about FIOS systems there: I barely had to mentions the specs before they had the correct battery in my hands. They also suggested that when I got home, I should unplug the battery, wait 10 minutes, and plug it back in. They said that often fixes the problem.
I did so, and the warning light went off and has stayed off. So now I have a backup battery, which I'm storing in the refrigerator. (My neighbor claims that extends battery life, and over the years I have observed that he's rarely wrong about anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment