Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eye, me, mine

This may well be the buggiest summer I remember. Not, thankfully, those awful stink bugs, but rather moths, spiders, flies, mosquitoes and those tiny bees. I can't sit outside on the deck or relax in the hammock without getting an ankle-full of itchy welts.
Yesterday after supper I was out for my usual walk on our beautiful back roads, maybe two miles from home. I was wired into my 80s playlist and Boy George was crooning, "Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?" Just then a huge gnat flew straight into my eye. Impeccable timing!
A friend commented that it was lucky I wasn't listening to the Electric Light Orchestra's "Can't Get It Out of My Head" at the time.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness yes, whenever I take the dog outside in the evening, our house lights are abuzz with a swarm of japanese beetles, moths and the like. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete