Friday, August 24, 2012

Secret society

It seems that a underground society has been quietly forming in our area: people who miss Genuardi's! (The supermarket on Baltimore Pike east of Kennett was converted into a Giant this summer.)
In last week's column I mentioned a friend of mine last week who thought he was the only one, but others have subsequently revealed themselves to me:
"I MISS Genaurdi's!!!! Your friend is noooo way the only one. I miss $5 Fridays, and Giant is much more pricier... I now have to shop at Greg's Produce in Hockessin, a little bit of Giant, and now have to go towards DE more."  
Another said although she liked the Giant's produce, the new store's layout tried her patience.
Do the members have a stealth sign of recognition, maybe an old Genuardi's flyer or a Genuardi's bonus card?

No comments:

Post a Comment