Thursday, February 21, 2013

A big project

My regular readers know that I'm fascinated by the work being done at the old Elvin farm along Apple Grove Road (and from the number of people who have asked me about it, I'm far from being the only one who's interested!). The crumbling barn and long-abandoned farmhouse have been torn down completely; I doubted they were salvageable at any price. A few stone walls of the barn foundation remain, and there's a giant mound of earth full of big rocks in front of what used to be the farmhouse. When I drove by yesterday afternoon there was all kinds of earth-moving going on, and it looks like they've installed a stone-lined drainage ditch for drainage. There's an architect's sign on the property, so something should be going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment