Thursday, February 21, 2013

A very patient patient

This afternoon I was giving two visitors a tour at a local historic house where I volunteer, and I spotted a woman walking around outside taking photos. I invited her in and asked if she wanted to join the tour. She was hesitant at first but then accepted.
"Let me go out and get my husband," she said. "He's in the car."
She explained that he had had hand surgery at Chester County Hospital that morning and in fact she was driving him home to Avondale when she saw our cars out front and decided to pull in. She said she'd driven past the house for years and always wondered what it looked like inside.
So in came her amazingly tolerant husband, hospital bracelet still around his wrist. At one point during the tour I asked him if he was feeling OK. He said the pain meds hadn't yet worn off, so he was just fine.
Talk about a good sport!


No comments:

Post a Comment