Sunday, April 28, 2013

Coexist

The spring weather is bringing out hordes of  fair-weather bicyclists (in addition to the hard-core folks who have been pedaling all winter). Early Saturday morning I was at my desk working when I heard the dog barking frantically, in the way she usually reserves for a raccoon up a tree. No, it was a pelleton of a dozen cyclists zipping by.
Later in the day I was behind two cyclists riding side by side along Upland Road. As soon as the middle-of-the-road guy noticed me, he quickly pulled over behind his colleague. Excellent behavior! Thank you! There's nothing that annoys motorists more than bicyclists who take up the whole lane.
But motorists: please remember, one of those cyclists could be my brother. Treat them with respect and courtesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment