Sunday, April 28, 2013

Household management

How does anyone, ever, get anything done?
Yesterday morning I was hanging out the laundry on the clothesline. While there, I noticed that the bird feeders were empty, and I remembered my mother's comment that it's time to put out the hummingbird feeder. Got the birdseed. Mixed the nectar. While hanging up the feeder, I noticed that the daff leaves needed to be braided (yes, I'm one of "those"!) and the lamium needed to be trimmed back. Coming inside to get the clippers, I noticed two stink bugs on the ceiling. Dealt with them. Heard the guinea pig squealing and gave her some carrots. Spotted the LL Bean catalog and remembered I need to order a new hammock.
This went on all day; somehow I managed to get the garden raked and planted pumpkins, four kinds of sunflowers, gladiolus and Peruvian daffs. Finally I sat on the deck with a drink, took off my boots and baseball cap ... and noticed a dog tick crawling on the brim. Inside to get the Scotch tape to seal it up. While washing my hands I noticed a splinter in my palm from the rake and took it out with my Swiss Army knife tweezers. Saw a cookie sheet and realized I owed a friend a batch of lemon crisps ... And the cycle began again.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment