Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Nourish

Nourish, the café at the new Market at Liberty Place in Kennett, started rolling out its menu on July 29, so I stopped by on Tuesday to see what was on offer. A gym friend of mine, Amy, is working there, and she described the freshly baked muffins and quiche, both of which sounded delicious, but as soon as I saw the breakfast burrito my decision was made. It was delicious: local eggs, local Cheddar, fresh salsa and basil. Amy also made me a glass of orange juice, using a machine that slices the fruit in half and then squeezes it, right before your eyes. There's also a juice guy there who was  busy making a yummy-looking drink with apples and wheatgrass for a woman who looked like she'd come straight from yoga class.
And I saw my real-estate pal Margot, buying some goodies for the broker's open house she was hosting that afternoon.
I'd brought some hard-copy work to do, so after I ate I retreated to a back table in the enclosed patio. I wired myself in and did proofreading for about an hour, then chatted with a few friends I saw before leaving. The Market is becoming a very popular spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment