Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stop means stop

I don't know why bad driving still outrages me, but it does. At lunchtime today I was on 842 at Newark Road when the driver of the oncoming vehicle, a Ford Escape, ran the four-way stop and turned southbound onto Newark Road. I was eager to see what she would do at the four-way stop at London Grove Meeting but had a hard time keeping up with her.
She did slow down, enough for me to smell the cigarette smoke coming from her vehicle, but then rolled right through the stop sign there, too (it's too bad the State Police weren't there today). She turned onto Spencer Road so I didn't get a chance to see if she'd obey the 25 mph limit approaching Toughkenamon. My guess is, she wouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. This is why I have always pushed for a full time township police officer instead of road take backs. All road take backs do is increase the township road budget, and improve road speeds for a select few who reside along them. While at the same time pushing more traffic onto other roads which effects more people in the township. No traffic calming device would prevent someone running two stop signs, but a local police officer would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disagree Don. A full-time officer in neighboring E. Marlborough has had no tangible impact, other than the cost to taxpayers of footing the salary and insurance, cruiser costs, uniform costs, etc. Stop signs get run all the time in E. Marlborough, and how many tickets do you think Deputy Dawg wrote?

    ReplyDelete