Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ice cream in Kennett?

After working out on Friday I stopped by the Market at Liberty Place on State Street in Kennett for a slice of excellent pizza. While I was eating on the patio, a family of tourists at the next table asked me if I knew a good ice-cream shop in town.
"Do I ever!" I replied, telling them all about La Michoacana and giving them precise directions on how to get there.
"How long is the line?" asked the young boy, giving me a quizzical look.
"Well," I assured him, "there might be a few people ahead of you, but they're very efficient behind the counter and you won't have to wait long."
He explained that he judges the quality of a place by how long the line is. Not the worst metric, I suppose!
By the way, I think the Market at Liberty Place is quickly becoming a fixture in people's lives. I'm there often, and a friend overheard a woman saying on her cell phone, "OK, then I'll meet you at Liberty."

No comments:

Post a Comment