Wednesday, August 28, 2013

End of summer

Rants my friend John:
"I hate the 1st day of school. Summer's over, the kids have no reason to pay attention to me, I have to get up on time, it's already getting dark too early, Halloween candy is on display at the grocery store, I haven't finished a fraction of the things I wanted to do this summer, my tan has already fallen off in a flaky dust pile, I don't even want think about Christmas carols sung by Kelly Clarkson (already being hyped), the things that didn't sell at the spring neighborhood yard sale ARE STILL SITTING ON THE TABLE IN MY GARAGE! and they want me to participate in the Fall sale.
I think I am not going to move a damn thing in the garage until I need the snowblower, which will probably be in about two weeks because it is the 1st day of school and time now accelerates. I don't have firewood split, I think my truck needs tires, and the outdoor tables at work need a serious session with Rustoleum.  
Of course, I could start my summer reading now. It's too dark to mow. Two novels I bought in May are around here somewhere. I had better read them before the Christmas LL Bean catalog arrives!"

No comments:

Post a Comment