Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Early verdict on Patton

As regular readers know, the Young Relative and his family had an excellent experience during his five years at Hillendale Elementary. And so far, Patton Middle School looks to be a continuation of the same, I'm glad to say. When I was a kid I resented few things more than "dumbed-down," condescending teaching and being told, "Oh, you can't read that; that's too advanced." Somehow I don't think that's going to be an issue at Patton: the Young Relative is being challenged to excel and grow. I've always said that the Unionville-Chadds Ford schools are the equivalent of a private school anywhere else.
In other education news, I was pleased to see a yard sign proclaiming that an occupant of the house  attended the Pennocks Bridge Technical College High School in West Grove. I receive their course catalog and am always very impressed with the high-level, up-to-date, practical programs being taught there.

No comments:

Post a Comment