Saturday, November 30, 2013

Crashes

OK, now, I'm really tired of people I know getting into car crashes: enough already! My folks have been in two of them in recent weeks, neither one their fault, and fortunately they were not hurt (cars can be repaired). A few weeks ago I wrote about a young friend who spent a few days in the hospital after a crash on Route 322, and she is still hurting. A couple of pals have had deer simply run into their cars while they're driving.
The emergency personnel who handled my parents' accident told them they have been very busy recently with a lot of crashes. And we haven't even had any icy roads yet!
My parents' crash was at Routes 52 and 926 on Thanksgiving morning, when an oncoming motorist tried to make a left turn in front of them. My parents are unhurt, thanks to my mother's quick reflexes and the German engineering and thick sheet metal of their vehicle. My parents reported that the emergency crews were there almost immediately, and they had high praise for the professional and efficient state trooper who handled the accident. They were also grateful for the witness who pulled over right away and gave them his business card if they needed corroborating evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment