Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Un-Glamour Shots

I see that the Kennett Paper has started running mug shots in its police blotter column each week. They're definitely grim-looking.
Then again, I remember the day I got my mug shot taken. It was back when I was a reporter, and one police department I covered had just purchased some software that allowed them to broadcast detailed alerts for wanted persons over the then-newfangled Internet. The cops wanted to try it out, and I was "volunteered" as the model. I was told to stand in front of a cinder-block wall and not to smile.
In a lifetime of hanging around photographers, I've had my photo taken a lot, and this was possibly the least flattering shot ever. The lighting was awful and I'd swear it was retouched to add wrinkles, jowls and blotches that I never see in the mirror each morning. Even the chic little 1950s silk scarf I was wearing looked totally inappropriate.
I forget what crimes they accused me of committing on the fake rap sheet that accompanied the dreadful photo, but if they're still on my permanent record I have zero chance of gaining political office.

No comments:

Post a Comment