Friday, February 21, 2014

Shaking my head

This week's reckless motorist award goes to the driver of a white work van who passed me in Friday morning's dense fog on southbound Route 82. If you were out in that fog, you remember how limited your visibility suddenly was in the spots where the thick fog rolled across the road. It was scary.
This driver had been tailgating me since Doe Run. I stopped at the Newark Road stop sign, which you couldn't seen until you were about 10 feet away from it. Unbelievably, the driver honked at me for coming to a full stop and then passed me. On a double-yellow line. In the dense fog. I caught only the first three letters of the license plate before he or she disappeared into the fog in front of Plantation Field.
Later in the day, after the fog had cleared, a driver almost pulled out in front of me from a Line Road driveway, stopping with a jerk only at the last moment. I couldn't help but notice that the hood of his car was secured with a bungee cord; perhaps experience has taught him to be more cautious?

1 comment:

  1. If all the cars in the world were lined up head to tail, somone would try to pass them. In a snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete