Saturday, August 30, 2014

LONGWOOD GARDENS: Young singer Jackie Evancho was filming a special

"Unionville in the News" reader Jaymie shows every sign of having been a newspaper reporter in a prior life. She writes:
"I jumped up and ran to my computer when I read your bit about a "documentary" being filmed at Longwood Aug. 18. I was walking there that day, and also encountered the crew and equipment. Singer Jackie Evancho was there and they were filming a PBS Special. I saw her and her crew walking around the Italian Water Garden preparing to film. They were playing her music through the speakers. She is adorable in person, and what a lovely place for her to film!"
I Googled her and learned that Miss Evancho is a 14-year-old singer from the Pittsburgh area who has a pretty astonishing voice, whether singing "Nessun dorma," "O mio bambino caro" or "Music of the Night." Her new CD, "Awakenings," comes out Sept. 23.
Thank you and an honorary Tilda press pass to Jaymie!

2 comments:

  1. Look for Jackie's new CD Awakening to be released on Sept 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will update!

    ReplyDelete