Thursday, October 30, 2014

CANINE PARTNERS: Honoring a departed benefactor

Nancy Biddle Kelly sent me a message after reading my item about Bernie Langer's memorial service at St. Michael Lutheran Church on Oct. 11. Thanks to her, I learned something new and very, very nice about him.
She writes,  "He was a wonderful man (and quite the "character" too) and we all miss him so much. I was sitting in the narthex during the service since we are training a service puppy for Canine Partners for Life. Bernie and Claudette support CPL too, and named a puppy after their son, and that puppy and his puppy handler were at the service too."
I noticed a service dog in the lobby, and of course I knew Bernie loved dogs, but I didn't put two and two together. How wonderful, and how in character!

No comments:

Post a Comment