Thursday, October 30, 2014

KIDS' PROGRAM AT BVA: What's not to like about books and boots?

We writers are asked frequently, "How did you learn how to write?" For me that's an easy question: I learned how to write by reading ravenously as a kid. My mother took us to the library one night a week after dinner, and I checked out a stack of books every single time.
So I was taken by a press release that crossed my desk from the Brandywine Valley Association/Red Clay Valley Association. Along with Baldwin's Book Barn, they are sponsoring a monthly kids' program called "Books & Boots" that includes not only a story with a nature theme (read by Potter the Otter!) but also an outside adventure (that's the "boots" part).
It starts on Friday, Nov. 21, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., at the Myrick Conservation Center on Route 842 and continues through the spring. It's for kids ages three to five. Each program costs $6 for BVA members, $8 for nonmembers; signup is required by the Wednesday before each program. Contact information is www.brandywinewatershed.org or 610-793-1090.

No comments:

Post a Comment