Sunday, October 19, 2014

LONDON GROVE: Faith, practice, tradition and a chicken dinner

London Grove Friends Meeting's 300th birthday party on Saturday was a highlight of the season for me. The chicken dinner by Hood's BBQ was delicious, as were the home-made pies for dessert. The slide show of weddings under the Penn Oak, roast beef suppers and Christmas pageants from years gone by was wonderful. I missed my neighbor Charlie Brosius's burial ground tour but I heard it was fascinating.
My favorite part of the celebration by far was the fellowship. It was so great to see so many friends (or should that be "Friends"?): Barb Pusey, Elinor Thomforde, Betsy Walker, Peg Jones, Anna Myers, Margaret Walton, the Mooberrys, Pat Horrocks, the Newbolds, Dawn Thompson, the Brosiuses, Edyie Joines and Ron Fenstermacher, Ellen Marsden, Karen Halstead, Georgia Delaney, Kelli Trice, Rebecca Mitchell, Eddie Paschall, Ruth Thompson and Leona Provinski, Cintra Murray, Grace Pfeifer, Cathy Quillman, Jill Benjamin and John Hodges, Lou Mandich, the Ciganeks . . . As my date said in amazement, "Every five seconds people were coming up to us!"
I could go on and on -- but I'll stop and just say thank you so much to Sandy Reber and everyone else who worked so hard to pull off this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment