Thursday, November 27, 2014

COFFEE: That is one expensive credit card

Is there something here I'm not understanding?
It seems that the coffeeshop chain Starbucks is selling, for $200, a "limited edition" "sterling silver" card preloaded with $50 in credit. "Just a few left!" reads the ad. "Head to a store and get it before it's gone!"
So let me get this straight: They actually expect consumers to pay $150 for the questionable privilege of possessing a coffee credit card in their wallet?
I have to say, I am really souring on Starbucks. First they remove the comfy chairs from their Longwood store. Then they send me mournful emails lamenting the fact that I have lost my "gold status" (a direct result of the lack of comfy chairs). And now they fill up my inbox with gimmicky come-ons like this!
Wawa, Foxy Loxy, and Philter, here I come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment