Friday, January 16, 2015

LARGESSE: Tilda helps a friend clear out her kitchen

A pal is determined to lose the weight she gained over the holidays and so is trying to remove all temptations from her home. I was the happy beneficiary the other day, when I was over there helping her with a computer problem (I should clarify that "helping" meant distracting her with Unionville gossip while we were on hold with tech support).
After the email problem was solved (thank you, Aubrey!), she started rooting through her kitchen and pantry for high-calorie foodstuffs. Would I please take home some homemade lasagna with poultry sausage? What about some leftover Christmas candies? Oh, and how about some organic chocolate-covered almonds from Wegmans?
Yes, yes, and yes! Offers of free food bring out the hungry college student in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment