Friday, July 24, 2015

GROCERIES: Goodbye to the Superfresh store

You've probably heard the news that the Superfresh grocery store in the Longwood shopping center is going to be closing, possibly within a few months, as part of the bankruptcy filing of its parent company, A&P.
It's a shame for the employees who will be laid off, and for the regular customers. For me, the Giant (either New Garden or Jennersville) is my go-to store. I dash into the Superfresh only if I need a few items urgently (say, Gilbert the Guinea Pig is out of baby carrots, a situation that Must Not Happen) and I'm on that side of town.
What will move into the vacant store? I've always thought we need a Trader Joe's closer than Concord Pike. Speaking of vacant stores, there's a rumor floating around that an indoor target-shooting range is moving into the old Boomers in Avondale. I haven't been able to pin it down. As one wag quipped, "At least they'll be able to keep the name."

No comments:

Post a Comment