Wednesday, July 22, 2015

HOLINESS: What am I hearing in the background?

On my errand run today, every radio station was playing nothing but "Shut Up and Dance With Me," "Honey I'm Good," "Style," or "Sugar." Even the predictably offbeat college station at the bottom of the dial was playing the ubiquitous "Uptown Funk."
So I switched over to the religious station out of Lancaster and heard a woman telling a story about how, after work one day, she decided to watch a DVD that she had heard was good but had a lot of cursing in it (she didn't give the name). While she was watching it, she got a call from a client, an executive in a prominent religious organization. She felt terribly guilty about doing something impure and took this as a reminder that God was watching her.
My immediate thought was more temporal than spiritual: did she mute the TV when talking to the guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment