Sunday, September 27, 2015

SUBSCRIPTION: A plea to keep supporting local journalism

This past week I talked to two people who were upset about the significant price increase for a year's subscription to The Kennett Paper. I too was taken aback when I went to write my renewal check.
I don't know what went into the increase, but as a columnist I'd appreciate it if you'd renew. In the scheme of things, thirty-nine dollars for a newspaper every week is not a whole lot of money. In addition to the local news and features, you get letters to the editor, ads and coupons.
And, more abstractly, you're supporting a valuable and increasingly scarce commodity: local journalism. Really, where else would you read who got a building permit to put in a new garage and how the rumor about the cart corrals being removed from the Giant parking lot is completely false?

No comments:

Post a Comment