Sunday, October 11, 2015

PLUMBING: An indoor rain shower

My pal George tends to be something of an alarmist. I get texts from him saying he's worried about a bad weather forecast, or he's feeling symptoms that might indicate a cold is coming on, or his favorite gym class was cancelled at the last minute.
But this one seemed to indicate a true calamity: "Had big leak from upstairs condo. Bathroom ceiling wrecked."
I envisioned a gaping hole in the ceiling with soggy rubble, or worse, all over his bathroom. But as I questioned him further, it turned out things were not as bad as expected. By extremely good fortune, the leak had sprung directly over top of George's bathtub, and minimal replastering was the only repair that would be needed.
"Their landlord came to see the damage," he wrote in a follow-up. "He's put me in touch with his insurance people. He was very apologetic."
I'll bet he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment